Luxury 4 Star Gold Award Lake District Self Catering Accommodation in Rydal, near Ambleside
Loughrigg Cottage is a beautiful and historic listed detached house offering luxury self-catering accommodation for 10 people in the heart of the Lake District. Loughrigg Cottage is situated on the edge of the village of Rydal just outside Ambleside. It is in an idyllic location on a very quiet access only lane 5 minutes walk from Rydal Water, with wonderful views across the River Rothay to Wansfell beyond.
Loughrigg Cottage has its origins in the 18th century, and was extended in the Arts & Crafts style in the late 19th century. In 1906 it was rented for the summer by Woodrow Wilson, shortly afterwards to become American President. He fell in love with it and described it in his letters as "most picturesque and delightfully situated..in perhaps the most beautiful spot of all".
Loughrigg Cottage was extensively refurbished in 2014/2015 and now offers the period character and charm enjoyed by President Wilson coupled with the most contemporary facilities.
Features in Brief
- 3 Kingside Bedrooms, 1 Double Bedroom, 1 Twin bedroom
- 5 Bath or Shower Rooms (3 ensuite)
- Hand built kitchen, Large Range Cooker with gas hob, Dishwasher, Microwave
- American style fridge freezer with wine cooler, Utility area with washer and dryer
- Dining Room for 10 opening off kitchen with open fire
- TV Room and sparate Sitting Room with open fire
- Furnished with sumptuous soft furnishings, antiques and unique artwork
- Beautiful Garden with seating on terrace for 10
- 5 minute walk to local pub and to Rydal Water. 20 minute walk into Ambleside
- Extensive walks - high and low - from the door
- Close to all central Lakes attractions and activities
- WIFI. Private Parking for 4 cars. Friday Changeover